Sunday, December 22, 2013

Audiobook Challenge 2014

In 2013 Ashley and I discovered a love for audiobooks. I read 10 audiobooks in 2013! Nearly all of them were from the library because they're free that way. You can download digital audiobooks from the library or check out CDs. Audiobooks are great for road trips, and since our families live hours away we go on a lot of road trips.

The 2014 Audiobook Challenge is sponsored at Hot Listens and has several levels:
Rules
* Runs January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014. You can join at anytime.
* The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2014 than you did in 2013.
* Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
* ANY genres count.
* Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
* You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
* If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.

Levels:
* Newbie (I’ll give it a try): 1-5
* Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this): 6-10
* Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking): 11-15
* Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me): 16-20
* Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you): 21-30
* My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted): 30+

Since I read 10 audiobooks in 2013, I'm going to aim to read more, and go for the Stenographer level.


No comments:

Post a Comment