Pick your 5 of your favorite literary sidekicks! They can be aliens/dogs/humanoids. Just not the main character!
Ashley and I have been discussing this question. It was harder than I thought it would be! Here's what we came up with:
1. Hermione from Harry Potter because book-nerds r us. Hermione can be annnoyingly pretentious at times, but she's resourceful, loyal, and ready with the info you need whenever you need it.
2. A Through L from The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making because he is so darn companionable. He's loving and has a major thirst for knowledge... well, about things that start with A Through L.
3. Wolf from the Wolf Brother series because he's smarter than most humans and can keep you warm at night.
4. Ripred from the Gregor the Overlander series because he is wise and will teach you to defend yourself in the dark. He also has epic battle skills and can defend you from deadly creatures.
|Fan art from gracklewing.deviantart.com|
Since we were only supposed to idenitfy sidekick characters, we couldn't include the first character that came to mind as a great BFF to have in real life. So we're including him here -
6. Eugenides from The Thief because he's loyal and sneaky and can steal anything. That's a handy skill to have in a friend/side kick
|Fan art from leabharlann.deviantart.com|
What does it say about us that 4/5 choices are non-human??? And that only one is female??
Are we anti-social? Or anti-human?
I think we're just major nerds.