Monday, March 31, 2014

Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge: Wrap-Up

All through March I've been participating in the Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge, hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. I set a goal to read 15 books on my TBR pile during the month.

The hardest part was definitely walking out of the library empty-handed. I admit that I wasn't entirely successful. I still visited the library every week, and I checked out 3 books during the month. They're sitting on the shelf, waiting for April to (hurry up and) start.

During the challenge I finished 17 books:
* 9 TBR pile books
* 2 family car-ride audiobooks
* 1 cooking-dinner audiobook
* 2 ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies)
* 3 books that I couldn't resist

My Challenge Books + Reviews are here:
1. I, Freddy by Dietlof Reiche ~ 3.3.2014 ~ My Review
2. Paperboy by Vince Vawter ~ 3.6.2014 ~ My Review
3. White Fang by Jack London ~ 3.11.2014 ~ My Review
4. Larklight by Phillip Reeve ~ 3.13.2014 ~ My Review
5. The Wind Singer by William Nicholson ~ 3.16.2014 ~ My Review
6. The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy ~ 3.22.2014 ~ My Review
7. Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff ~ 3.23.2014 ~ My Review
8. Freakling by Lana Krumwiede ~ 3.25.2014 ~ My Review
9. The Wig in the Window by Kristen Kittscher ~ 3.30.2014 ~ My Review

Overall, I could have done better on this challenge. If I had only read TBR books, as the challenge asked, I might have actually finished my original list of 15 books. BUT I typically only read about 5 TBR books per month, so by that standard I nearly doubled my success rate. That's pretty good, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment