Tuesday, January 19, 2016

My 2015 Reading Year in Review

I know this post is really late since we're 19 days into 2016 already, but BY GOLLY I've been chilling and wrapping up in blankets and reading... so there!

For 2015, I started a new tradition - a SPREADSHEET of my books. I'm kind of a nerd, so I actually enjoyed updating the spreadsheet. But the real fun was in gathering the data into pretty charts at the end of the year.

So, without further ado,

My Reading Year:

Commentary: Not as high as last year's total (155), but still pretty great



  
Commentary: I really mixed up the formats this year! And audiobooks are coming on strong in my reading life with 32 audiobooks. Wow!




Commentary: Yay library books! Of course, this is also why I need the Triple Dog Dare TBR Challenge. Gotta keep that TBR pile under control!



Commentary: I guess this means that most of my books were somewhere between good and great. Meh. That's not very inspiring... maybe that's part of why my total went down by 15 books this year. 


Commentary: I'm a middle grades teacher, so I'm glad to see MG books dominate so much. And I'm pretty surprised that 8% were adult. That's more than I expected


Am I a nerd or what?? I love this kind of stuff! 

Want to make your own nerdy reading data chart thingies?
Here's a nerdy tip for you - I made my spreadsheet in Excel, but then Google started a new function where they automatically create charts for you, so I uploaded the Excel file to Google Sheets and pressed the magic button. And VOILA - pretty charts! For 2016, I'm skipping Excel and going straight to Google. Just click on the button in the bottom right corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment