Sunday, December 15, 2013

A-Z Success!

The A-Z Reading Challenge is all over the blogverse. It must be a pretty popular challenge. It's hosted by lots of folks. See -


It seems easy, right? Just read one book for each letter of the alphabet. I thought so, too, but then I remembered that there are some weird letters in the alphabet... Q? X? Z? So, I decided not to sign up for this challenge officially at any of the many sites hosting it. Instead, I've been keeping a list on my own just to see if I can do it.

Can she do it? Yes she can! maybe...

With two only two weeks to spare in 2013, I have completed the A-Z Reading Challenge! The thing that I love about this challenge is that it got me to read quite a few books that I wouldn't have read otherwise... and I really enjoyed them. Kensuke's Kingdom is a great example.

A - A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron
B - Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
C - Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce
D - Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi
E - Eager by Helen Fox
F - Fellowship for Alien Detection, The by Kevin Emerson
G - Gregor and the Code of Claw by Suzanne Collins
H - Hypnotists, The by Gordon Korman
I - It's Like This, Cat by Emily Cheney Neville
J - Jack Templar, Monster Hunter by Jeff Gunhus
K - Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo
L - Locomotion by Jacqueline Woodson
M - Moon Over Tennessee by Craig Crist-Evans
N - Normalish by Margaret Lesh
O - Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman
P - Planet Thieves, The by Dan Krokos
Q - Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
R - Reluctant Assassin, The by Eoin Colfer
S - Search for WondLa, The by Tony DiTerlizzi
T - Tiger by Jeff Stone
U - Unnatural Creatures by Neil Gaiman
V - Vlad the Impaler by Enid A. Goldberg
W - Wonder by RJ Palacio
X - Jinx by Sage Blackwood
Y - Year of the Dog by Grace Lin
Z - Zorgamazoo by Robert Paul Weston


I can't believe that I actually finished this challenge!

~ Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment