Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Miz B at Should Be Reading. To play along just answer these three questions:
* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What are you planning to read next?


 I am Currently Reading The Fellowship for Alien Detection by Kevin Emerson. I've been exploring MG science fiction lately. It can be hard to find science fiction for this age, but more and more is published all the time. I'm trying to boost my classroom collection. This book is like reading an episode of The X-Files. I've never read anything like it. Really interesting!


I Recently Finished Reading Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel. I find TenNapel's graphic novels to be very compelling. My students also love them. My favorite, by far, is Bad Island. This one has an interesting idea ~ a living boy accidentally gets zapped into the afterlife and can't get back. This concept was really fun and the characters were interesting, however the storytelling had some flaws. I gave it 3 stars.



Next I am Planning to Read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I know you've heard of it. It's been on my list forever and I'm super super duper excited!


~ Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment