Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Reading Challenge Month 2

Megan at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life is hosting a Summer Reading Challenge from May 1 - Aug 31. The challenge is to read a book in as many categories as possible. You can see all the categories and available points (and join the challenge) at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life.


So, here's my progress for Month 2 - books read between June 1 and June 30. You can see my progress for May here. I earned 70 points in May, putting me in 17th place out of 66. Go me! That's not too bad =)

15 Points - Historical Fiction - Read a historical fiction book that does not take place in Europe.
I actually read TWO historical fiction books in June! The other one was One Came Home by Amy Timberlake. I only rated it 3 stars. Caged Graves, however, was fantastic! This story takes place in 1867 Pennsylvania with a heavy tie-in to the American Revolution. It's also a mystery, with a surprisingly lovely romance element.  4.5 out of 5 stars!

25 points - Read a book written by a blogger.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (438 pages)
Cath is a college freshman and she's struggling to adjust. Her real life is often supplanted by her work on a hugely popular fanfiction novel based on a fictional pseudo-Harry Potter series.  4 out of 5 stars

Total points so far: 110 points

I didn't do nearly as well in Month 2. The other categories will be challenging. I prefer a reading challenge that actually challenges me, though. So that's good! I'm poking through other people's lists to find some titles they've used. Good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment