Saturday, December 20, 2014

A-Z Challenge Success

When I first heard about the A-Z Challenge, I knew it would be great fun. But I also knew that some letters would be very difficult, like Q, X, and Z. In the A-Z Challenge you read a book for every letter of the alphabet. Some people include the author's name as eligible, but I prefer to just use titles.

Last year I completed the challenge with 2 weeks to spare. This year, though, I cut it a bit closer. At the start of December, I still needed books for J, K, and Q. I scoured book lists and the library catalog, scooped up 3 books, and read furiously.

I'm proud to report that, once again, I completed the A-Z Challenge.

Behold, my list:
** Reviews are linked **

A - Airman by Eoin Colfer
B - Blood Ties by Garth Nix
C - Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
D - Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
E - Eye of the Storm by Kate Messner
F - Freakling by Lana Krumwiede
G - Gulp by Mary Roach
H - Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
I - Isle of Swords by Wayne Thomas Batson
J - Jack Templar and the Lord of the Werewolves by Jeff Gunhus
K - Kaspar the Titanic Cat by Michael Morpurgo
L - Larklight by Philip Reeve
M - Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
N - Nuts to You by Lynne Ray Perkins
O - Oliver and the Seawigs by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre
P - Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry
Q - Queen Elizabeth by June Eding
R - The Real Boy by Anne Ursu
S - Spirit's Key by Edith Cohn
T - A Tangle of Knots by Lisa Graff
U - The Unwanteds by Lisa McMann
V - V is for Villain by Peter Moore
W - We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
X - Boxers by Gene Luen Yang
Y - The Year of Billy Miller by Kevin Henkes
Z - Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke

I'm so excited that I completed this challenge!


No comments:

Post a Comment